The Mission of Trinity Lutheran Church is to “Come and See! Go and Tell!” based on Matthew 28:5-8
But the angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid; I know that you are looking for Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for he has been raised,” as he said. “COME, SEE the place where he lay. Then GO quickly and TELL his disciples, ‘He has been raised from the dead, and indeed he is going ahead of you to Galilee; there you will see him.’ This is my message for you.” So they left the tomb quickly with fear and great joy, and ran to tell his disciples.
- We come and see that the Lord is risen from the grave for the forgiveness of our sins.
- We go and tell others about Jesus.
Our Vision Statement:
Come | We invite people to come and find the Lord.
- We reach out into the community to reflect God’s Love
- We invite and welcome people to come and know Christ.
- The light of Christ shine from within each member and it draws people.
See | When people come here they see that we are:
- Warm, friendly, and welcoming people.
- People who are excited about the Lord.
- Engaged in vibrant worship.
- Providing a variety of learning opportunities for all ages.
- Sharing the light of Christ through our fellowship and fun.
Go | When the people are sent out from this place:
- They are nourished and fed with Word and Sacrament.
- They to go back into the world, renewed and refreshed and excited about Jesus.
- They serve people in need.
Tell | When we talk about Jesus we say:
- … Come to this Welcoming Place.
- … This Serving Place.
- … This Worshiping Place.
- … This Learning Place.
- … Come and See
The Purpose of Trinity Lutheran Church
- To worship God and give Him our thanks and praise.
- To serve as an example to others of the Christ like walk of faith – through our actions and behaviors; and through our serve to all parts of our community.
- To individually and collectively, as the body of Christ, to grow in the knowledge of Christ and to serve the Lord at Trinity and in the larger community.
- To fulfill the needs of the Christian community and share the Good News.
- To be in a state of evolution; working to keep the traditions of a small community but to also look for ways to spread the Good News through 21st century means.
- To share God’s love with others, to help and teach and to please God.